Work Experience in a Hospital
Senior Writer at Medic Mind
By undertaking work experience in a hospital you can work in a wide range of departments, and may even get to see several during your work experience. The different types of departments you can often gain hospital work experience can include:
- General Surgery
- Intensive Care Unit
You will get to see first hand the day-to-day running of a ward which may include:
- Ward rounds – where you will meet patients and see how the doctors interact with inpatients
- Surgery – you may get to see operations or see a surgeons clinic
- Consultations – you may get to see consultations with outpatients or outpatient check-ups
- Multidisciplinary meetings – these meetings include planning and also discussions of patients who have complex care needs. These meetings can be really interesting if you get the chance to attend.
- Management – you can also gain insight into the management of a hospital.
If you want to gain work experience in a hospital, remember to apply early as there are limited spaces available and they can get booked up months in advance.
Personalised lessons and regular progress updates to support you in acing the UCAT
Delivered by our UCAT experts, get advice and tips, plus over 1000 UCAT questions and model answers
Live day, packed full of UCAT advice and tips from the experts. Taking you through all UCAT sections with worked examples
With 100s of tutorials from our experts, get advice and tips, including word examples for every section